Salah satu Reading Challenge yang menarik dan sayang untuk dilewatkan adalah Lucky No. 15 RC dari Astrid Lim @ Book To Share. RC ini diadakan pada tanggal 15 Januari 2015-15 Januari 2016, dimana setiap peserta diminta untuk membaca buku sesuai 15 kategori yang telah ditentukan.
Berikut ini adalah ke-lima belas kategori tersebut, dan buku yang saya baca sesuai dengan kategorinya.
- Chunky Brick: Grab that book with more than 500 pages that you’d always been afraid to tackle. You know you can do it!
- Something New: Just purchased a book lately? Don’t let it buried in your stacks, read it now!
- Something Borrowed: Read a book that you borrowed from someone else. Don’t make the owner waiting forever for you to finish it. (Books borrowed from friends, libraries, or even rental places, are allowed)
- It’s Been There Forever: Dig your TBR pile and read a book that has been there more than a year. It’s time for you to appreciate it :)
- Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now :D
- Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents.
- Favorite Color: Pick a book from your shelf which has your favorite color for its cover! Is it pink, red or black? You decide. I choose green as my fave colur
- First Initial: Read a book that has been written by an author whose first initial is the same with you (Example: My name is Astrid, and I can read anything written by Agatha Christie, Aesop, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc). I took the first letter of my nick name - Desty.
- Super Series: Read one (or more!) books that belong in a series, it can be trilogy, or tetralogy, or anything.
- Opposites Attract: Read a book that’s been written by a writer whose gender is different from your own.
- Randomly Picked: Ask someone else (a friend, your spouse, even your kids!) to randomly pick a book from your TBR pile. Don’t complain whatever they choose for you, just read it :). Oky asked me to read this book.
- Cover Lust: Grab a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
- Who Are You Again?: You’ve never read a book from this author, maybe you haven’t even heard his/her name before. But who knows? Maybe he/she will become your new favorite author!
- One Word Only!: Read a book that only has one word for its title (number is allowed as long as it’s only consisted of one word, e.g: 1, 2, 11).
- Dream Destination: Read a book that has setting in a place you’ve never visited before – but would like to if you have a chance. Could be real places or even fictional!
Well... Akhirnya saya bisa menyelesaikan tantangan di RC ini. Terima kasih untuk mbak Astrid yang sudah menjadi host-nya. RC ini sangat menyenangkan.